Lexicon BD 30 Review

Thursday, 8 April 2010 |


Conclusion
Blu-ray is unquestionably the new standard for video playback. I personally have been wondering when would be the right time to buy a high-end Blu-ray player. Until I spent some time with this Lexicon unit, I was convinced I should wait, but this unit has swayed my belief. Offering every feature available to Blu-ray, a full BD 2.0 spec player, playing any disc you can fit into its drive and making them all sound good, this piece has changed my thinking.

Lexicon worked with the drive makers to customize this unit to their specifications and the quality they added really shows. The exceptional build quality and aesthetics of this piece mean it will look great in a high-end rig, while the sonics speak for themselves. The Lexicon BD-30 is a solid player worthy of a serious home theater, with the build quality and pride of ownership you'd expect for the price. It is the first Blu-ray player I would use as the lone source in a high-end system. Installers will love its RS 232 and IR control options, as well as its speedy load times, while customers will love its silent operation and stunningly good looks. This is a great player, one that anyone sitting on the fence wondering when to dive into a high-end player needs to listen to, or just come over to my place, as I am keeping this one.

Courtesy hometheaterreview.com

Click here to go to product page